Finding the right words for headstone inscriptions in a way that commemorates your lost loved one is difficult. Even if you have a way with words, doing justice to the memory of the person and summing up their life in an inscription is a heavy burden. That is why we bring you a few ideas for headstone inscriptions that can be the right tribute for your lost loved one.
Using life references
This category involves inscriptions acknowledging the roles that person has played in their life. These can also cover personal sentiments that you want to express.
● Here lies a beloved father, husband, and son
● Here lies a policeman who served her country well
● His presence made the world a richer place
This is an informal statement that can either be a direct quote from your loved one or someone else:
● "Live to the fullest, for life is all too short."
● “Love is the greatest gift of all.”
● "I hate to leave you all behind, but we'll meet again one day."
These can be Bible or other scriptures’ verses that turn out to be great marker sayings:
● "They can no longer die; for they are like the angels." - Luke 20:36
● "Where, O death, is your victory: where, O death, is your sting?" - 1 Corinthians 15:55
● "I am the resurrection and the life; he that believeth in me, though he were dead yet shall he live." - John 11:25
It's not easy to decide the right inscription for the headstone of a loved one. If you want to protect your family and friends from the responsibility of selecting your epitaph, you can consider what you want your headstone to say and let them know beforehand. Just be sure that you choose carefully as this will be your last impression.
Thanks for reading,